[Users] simfactory run sub-options

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue May 1 10:42:11 CDT 2012

Roland

No, the --recover option should not be necessary unless you want to
recover from a particular restart.

The "sim run" command is supposed to look at what actions "sim submit"
did, and perform those that are missing. This includes creating the
directory structure. I don't expect this to be well tested. Linking to
checkpoint files cannot be done by "sim submit", so it is always "sim
run" that does this.

You seem to be intending to chain jobs together. I assume you are
aware that Simfactory already offers a facility for this? This would
submit several the jobs simultaneously with respective dependencies.
You can also pre-submit more jobs to extend this chain. Thus "sim
submit" instead of "qsub" should do the same thing, and/or you can
also run the "sim submit" from the command line (adding, say, ten more
restarts) if needed.

The logic that triggers pre-submission is that you require more wall
time than the queue limit. In this case, the job is broken into
several restarts.

-erik

PS: I hope that my description above does not deviate too much from reality.