[Users] Adding gridfunction output mid-subroutine?

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Wed May 9 06:58:36 CDT 2012

On 9 May 2012, at 01:41, Scott Hawley wrote:

> Hey guys,
>  Frank recommended CCTK_OutputVarAsByMethod, but gave code for
> CCTK_OutputVarAsBy.
> When I use the latter, the code segmentation faults.
>
> Ian, I couldn't find where you set the variable output_method in your
> example.  Where does that definition go?
>
>  CCTK_OutputVarAsByMethod(cctkGH, fullvarname, output_method, alias_name);

It's in the param.ccl file.  https://bitbucket.org/ianhinder/substepoutput/src/68caba7fa824/param.ccl

The output methods are those registered by the output thorns.  You could check the output thorn sources to find the output method names they register.  It might even be listed on standard output, I'm not sure.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder