[Users] Follow-up: How I got Visit 2.4.2 & CarpetHDF5 to work on Mac OS X Lion

Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Mon May 21 14:11:20 CDT 2012

Scott,

I finally got around to check follow your instructions, but I ran into this problem:

               Parsed document of type Plugin

Plugin: CarpetHDF5 ("Carpet AMR/curvilinear HDF5 output generated by the Cactus Computational Toolkit", type=database) -- version 2.1
    Attribute:  ()

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:90 (VISIT_PLUGIN_TARGET_RTOD):
  Unknown CMake command "VISIT_PLUGIN_TARGET_RTOD".

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

The only difference was that I did a
 ./configure --enable-cxx
first in my hdf5-1.8.9 directory.

Could you please help me out?