[Users] (no subject)

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon May 21 14:23:14 CDT 2012

On 21 May 2012, at 17:25, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know why I am getting all those NaNs and what shall I do about it?
> -> NaN caught in variable 'CARPET::local_interior_points_per_second'
> -> NaN caught in variable 'CARPET::total_interior_points_per_second'
> ->  NaN caught in variable 'CARPET::local_interior_point_updates_count'
> -> NaN caught in variable 'CARPET::total_interior_point_updates_count'

This is probably because Carpet allocates storage for these variables but does not currently use them for anything.  You are probably also running with the NaNChecker set to detect NaNs in all variables.  I recommend setting the NaNChecker to only check for NaNs in the variables you are interested in, as there are many variables like the above in a typical Cactus simulation.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder