[Users] ETK Maxwell checkout failing for McLachlan, KrancNumericalTools

Bruno C. Mundim bcmsma at astro.rit.edu
Wed May 23 10:40:43 CDT 2012

Hi Beany/Ian:

> I wonder if for some reason your new version of Git is honouring the shallow clone option (--depth 1), whereas my old version is not.  I'm not sure why we do a shallow clone by default;

People were concerned with the size of the git repos and how slow would
be to check them out. So there was a decision towards checking out
shallow git repos.

it means that you can't use the git repository for anything particularly
useful.  Possibly also you can't use it for switching branches.

That's true. So I usually create an alias for GetComponents to always
use the --noshallow option like this:

alias GC './GetComponents -a -v -p --noshallow'
alias GCu './GetComponents -a -u -v -p --noshallow'

where -v and -p options are not essential.

Cheers,
Bruno.