[Users] WaveDemo question

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sat May 26 19:25:38 CDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 01:10:41PM -0400, Comer Duncan wrote:
> I am trying to get WaveDemo built on my local laptop.  I have done the
> following:
>
> make WaveDemo--config
> make WaveDemo
>
> while in the Cactus directory with the result that seemingly _all_
> resident thorns have been compiled/configed.  As I doubt that all are
> needed for the WaveDemo example, I find this a bit strange. Can
> someone please explain?

If this is all you specified (meaning you didn't specify a thornlist),
Cactus creates a thornlist from everything there is. Usually you either
use simfactory (sim build --thornlist=<FILE>) or
  make WaveDemo THORNLIST=<FILE>

> Secondly,  at the end of the make WaveDemo it crashes complaining that
> LSUThorns/Vectors is needed but not present.  This is associated with
> several thorns including CarpetLib, ML_BSSN, ML_BSSN_02, and
> WeylScal4.    I have added the line LSUThorns/Vectors to the Thornlist
> file and have rerun the make WaveDemo but still I get no find of
> LSUThorns/Vectors.  Can someone please let me know the correct
> procedure here?

Which thornlist did you add this to? If this was not the one inside the
'configs' directory, Cactus ignored this and continues the (now)
existing thornlist there (because again you didn't specify the changed
thornlist on the command line).

Does this help?

Frank