[Users] different results of runs on different machines

ciambridge ciambridge at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:48:01 CDT 2012

Hello all,

i have a working installation of the einstein toolkit (compilation finished
with all done.) on both my imac at work and on a local cluster at the
university of valencia...both are installation of the 2012_05 release...

i have written thorns to read in and extrapolate RNSID-like initial data to
the cartesian grid of the einstein toolkit..

the code runs on my imac, but gives NaNs and therefore segmentation faults
on the cluster..

the imac version was compiled with g++-4.7 and gfortran-4.7 and the version
on the cluster with ifort 12.0 (although i think that this shouldn't be an
issue??)

i have attached both config files for the compilations, the thornlist is
the one coming with a fresh checkout, and i have just added my two thorns
to it....

running on the imac, the data is read in and interpolated without errors or
nans popping up...

on the cluster, there seems to be a problem with the initial data, and the
code crashes on segmentation faults (i have attached the logs of both an
imac and cluster run)

i don't know whats causing this, could the problem be caused by the
different compilers on the two machines?

best wishes,

Vassili