[Users] Dissipation in McLachlan.

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Oct 23 11:34:28 CDT 2012

Hi all,

We have just commited a change to McLachlan in the development version of
the Einstein toolkit. We have changed the default value for the parameter
apply_dissipation from "always" to "never". Since the default value for
the dissipation strength is zero, anybody who uses the default values
shouldn't see any change (except for an improvement in speed).

However, anybody who sets EpsDiss to anything different than zero and
expects McLachlan to apply dissipation now also has to explicitly set
apply_dissipation to "always".

Cheers,

   Peter