[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Apr 28 22:58:00 CDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

The currently very scarce results indicate, that at least on one machine
> (spine - a Debian workstation, using gcc 4.7) all tests pass. On others
> quite some number fail (e.g. supermuc). Common problems seem to be one
> Exact testsuite, and some GRHydro suites, especially the new WENO test
> stuite. Symmetry thorns also fail some of their tests on more than one
> of the four machines.
>
> As always: failure don't necessarily mean that something is wrong.
> Sometimes, the tolerances are just too strict for the underlying code,
> and CPUs, different compilers or compiler flags then show these
> differences.
>
> So, in short: the good news is that at least one machine doesn't show
> test suite failures, something that was often not the case in the past.

This is not really news, given that all test cases are run automatically
after every commit: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/>; look for "Status".
In the past months, we had more problems with repositories (and the
automated mechanism itself) than with the Einstein Toolkit code base.