[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Aug 12 04:10:47 CDT 2013

On 12 Aug 2013, at 02:53, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
> 10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
> how to join on the following web site:
>
>   http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/
>
> In short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 or (+1) 866-573-0359 and
>          the conference id is 118682#.
>
> As always, we will answer questions and hear comments that come up at
> the beginning of the meeting.
>
> After that, and because of the long discussion last week, I would like to
> get to a conclusion about
>
> 1) possible rearrangement of ET repositories (combine repositories)
> 2) possible conversion of some ET thorns from svn to git
>
> Arguments for both topics can be voiced on a wiki page (thanks to Ian
> Hinder for creating it, even with a quite wrong name imho):
>  https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Version_control#Reasons_to_Change

Hi all,

Frank has pointed to a subsection in that page, rather than the page as a whole.  The page is called "Version Control", which seems like a fine name to me.  This page was just an initial collection of early ideas - I didn't really intend for it to be advertised just yet, or to be thought of as if any decision had been made.  Take anything in it with a pinch of salt, as it is just the first thing that came to mind when I started writing.  Thanks to the people who have also made some contributions.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder