[Users] Meeting Minutes

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Aug 13 10:43:55 CDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:47:48AM -0700, Roland Haas wrote:
> * Frank (who will be admin) advertises to host the git repos at CCT, Ian
> suggests using gitolite as the front-end which uses a plain git
> repository for admin task (keeps record of admin actions)

In order to test setup on the ET servers I've taken one of the probably
largest repositories within the toolkit (carpet) and cloned it on the ET
server, despite that we actually won't be hosting this particular
repository there.

For anonymous clones, use

  git clone http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/git/carpet

A few developers got write access as well, which would simply use

  git clone https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/git/carpet

Please try to clone from this and report problems if there are any.

For people with interest in background information: This uses smart-http
as transport (as fast as ssh), apache for authentication (as usual),
gitolite for authorization with a admin repository for easy
configuration. By default it uses the regular CCT account information
(passwords), but if you like we could change that to be different if you
like.

Frank