[Users] [Commits] [svn:einsteintoolkit] manifest/trunk/ (Rev. 245)

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Aug 14 20:12:46 CDT 2013

On 2013-08-14, at 18:56 , rhaas at tapir.caltech.edu wrote:

> User: rhaas
> Date: 2013/08/14 07:56 PM
>
> Modified:
> /trunk/
>  einsteintoolkit.th
>
> Log:
> add Timers thorn (required by Carpet)

I apologize for requiring the Timer thorn without due notice.

I was debugging a particular memory allocation problem for about a week, and in the course of this, I cleanup up many stretches of code in Carpet and CarpetLib. I suspected that the timers were at fault, so I isolated the code and added parameters to disable the timers. Alas, the timers were not at fault. However, having the timers separated seemed like a good idea, and instead of throwing away all the clean-ups, or re-implementing the solution anew, I decided to push all clean-ups together with the work-around that avoids the problem.

and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu/.