[Users] GetComponents: $old_url error (and version number)

Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Fri Aug 16 11:24:03 CDT 2013

Hi Frank.

At the time, I had only the OSX-supplied version of Subversion (1.6.18, on
/usr/bin):

---------------------- output from /usr/bin/svn --version
--------------------
svn, version 1.6.18 (r1303927)
   compiled Feb  6 2013, 14:18:52

Copyright (C) 2000-2009 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
Neon.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

... with info result from CactusBase:

---------------------- output from /usr/bin/svn info --non-interactive
--xml ----------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
svn: '.' is not a working copy

But then I installed a more up-to-date Subversion from MacPorts (default
version):

---------------------- output from svn --version --------------------

svn, version 1.8.1 (r1503906)
   compiled Aug 12 2013, 14:03:40 on x86_64-apple-darwin12.3.0

Copyright (C) 2013 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people;
see the NOTICE file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
serf.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme

... with info result from CactusBase:

---------------------- output from svn info --non-interactive --xml
----------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<info>
svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
svn: E155036: The working copy at '/Users/bjkelly1/Projects/CODES/Cactus'
is too old (format 29) to work with client version '1.8.1 (r1503906)'
(expects format 31). You need to upgrade the working copy first.

Then I went and re-downloaded the ET from scratch, and now the problem has
disappeared. I really don't know if it was an SVN version mismatch or what.

Thanks anyway,

Bernard