[Users] GetComponents: $old_url error (and version number)

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Aug 16 13:14:31 CDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:24:03AM -0500, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
> svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
> svn: E155036: The working copy at '/Users/bjkelly1/Projects/CODES/Cactus'
> is too old (format 29) to work with client version '1.8.1 (r1503906)'
> (expects format 31). You need to upgrade the working copy first.
>
> Then I went and re-downloaded the ET from scratch, and now the problem has
> disappeared. I really don't know if it was an SVN version mismatch or what.

It seems it was. A subversion checkout might need to be upgraded when
upgrading subversion, and GetComponent doesn't detect or do this by
itself. Now, the initial problem might have been something else, but it
would now be hard to find out what and it doesn't matter anyway what it
was anymore I guess.

Frank