[Users] Thorn ADM

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Dec 2 22:05:49 CST 2013

Hi

I would like to take thorn ADM out of the Einstein Toolkit thornlist
entirely. It's using ADMMacros (with all the problems that come with
it), all test cases use a static conformal metric , which isn't
supported anymore and which let's them currently all fail as well.

I just committed a bunch of changes to testsuites of other thorns that
were using ADM. Most of them were trivial, in one case I had to create a
new testsuite using ML_BSSN instead. Now no testsuite of another thorn
within the toolkit uses ADM. It's time to retire it. If somebody really
would like to use ADM it would likely be better to look at ML_ADM
instead (which isn't in the toolkit, but could probably be if there is
interest).

Please object here loudly if you disagree. If we don't hear from you in
some time, thorn ADM will be removed from the thornlist and will no
longer be part of releases.

Frank