[Users] Restriction fix

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Dec 6 10:47:53 CST 2013

On Dec 6, 2013, at 11:06 , Ian Hinder <ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Erik and I have found and fixed a bug in the way Carpet handles restriction and synchronisation.  Numerical results on coarse grids might change as a result of this.  Previously, the results would have dependent on the number of processes.

I believe there is still an error when higher order restriction operators are used (which makes sense only for cell-centred simulations). In this case, ghost zones are synchronized, but boundary and symmetry conditions are not applied. This may lead to differences for simulations employing symmetries to refined regions.

> See https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1499 for more details.  Erik, should this be backported to the release branch at some point?

Yes, it probably should.

and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu/.