[Users] bug in Dissipation thorn?

Kentaro Takami kentaro.takami at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 22 09:48:48 CST 2013

Dear all,

I encountered the problem in which the simulation result is randomly different
at each run( of course I used same executable, par file, HPC and so on.).

Finally I'm doubting the origin of the problem is "CactusNumerical/Dissipation",
because when I don't activate this thorn, the problem can be disappeared.

In this thorn, "dissipation.c" calls the fortran subroutine
"apply_dissipation.F77" directly
without scheduling in CACTUS.
I guess the variables between C and fortran become inconsistency in this stage.

What do you think?
I don't have much knowledge to call fortran subroutine from directly c language.
So I need comments from expert.

Kentaro TAKAMI