[Users] Bad Links: tools OpenDx import links

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 22 22:54:56 CST 2013

Hello all,

> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Most people these days prefer to use VisIt over OpenDX; see<
> http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/VisIt/>. The VisIt
> importers are actively used and maintained. I'm unsure about OpenDX.
>
> The OpenDX importer was located in a CVS repository named
> Visualization/OpenDX at cvs.cct.lsu.edu:/numrel, but we migrated to SVN
> some time ago. I don't know where it is located now -- does anybody else
> know?
Yes. It's in svn.

http://svn.cactuscode.org/VizTools/OpenDXutils/trunk/

svn co http://svn.cactuscode.org/VizTools/OpenDXutils/trunk/
OpenDXutils

I dropped the ball a bit here. David had been in contact with me (via
private email) before concerning this issue but I eventually referred
him to the Cactus users list since I do not have write access to the
Cactus web-site.

So if somebody with write access would either update the link to point
to svn or remove the errant page (I assume the page was lost when
switching content management systems a while ago?), that would be
helpful. Do we still actively support the OpenDX reader at all? From the
filenames there *is* a Carpet reader.