[Users] CarpetIOHDF5::output_index = "yes" by default?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:33:04 CST 2013

If it is possible to generate the index files as post-processing step, then
I would prefer that, as it reduces the time the simulation spends waiting
for I/O. We could add it e.g. to Simfactory's cleanup step to have it
happen automatically.

How well-documented are the index files? If they are generated by default,
then there should be a section in CarpetIOHDF5's thorn guide (or in the
Visit reader's documentation) describing why they are a good idea, and what
information they contain, and how they can be used to speed up input.

-erik

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Roland Haas <roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu