[Users] ET seminar talk on GRHydroMP

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 16 20:25:34 CST 2013

Hello Erik, all,

> How do you want to broadcast the talk? If you don't have another
> preference, then I would like to try WebEx in this setting, and propose to
> host it at Perimeter.
I have no particular preference. If you have experience with WebEx then
we might as well use this talk to test how hard it is to hold a seminar
using it. Requirements would be that the presenter client has to be able
to function on a linux box. I remember having had to switch to Windows
in a virtual machine to get the flash based client (I believe for webex)
to work but that was some time ago so might well have changed.

Do you have experience with how well the WebEx software performs on
non-Mac and non-Windows systems (say Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BeOs,
AmigaOs, Solaris, IBM/z9 :-) )? Most likely a phone line for call ins
would be useful for non-regular callers that might not want to/be able
to install software on their computers.