[Users] simulation time

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 22:46:47 CDT 2013

On 2013-07-14, at 13:06 , Udayaraj Khanal <urkhanal at tucdp.edu.np> wrote:

> Dear all
> I have created a batch queue script and submitted it to queue an example simulation static_tov as in tutorial for new user. Then I checked the status by ./simfactory/bin/sim list-simulations. I got static_tov  [ACTIVE (FINISHED), restart 0000, job id -1]. Does this signifies the completion of the simulation?

A job id of -1 usually indicates that the job was not actually submitted. Thus, it never even started to run.

One of our internal routines noticed the problem, and thus returned -1 as job id. However, there is unfortunately not yet a higher level routine that would translate this into a sensible error message.

Most likely, there was an error during job submission. The screen output you received may contain a hint as to the cause, or one of the log files that was generated.

-erik