[Users] Fw: Latest GetComponents broken?

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 27 13:35:07 CDT 2013

Hello all,

> It seemed to work much better.  Here is the summary:

162 components checked out.
>> 0 components updated.
>>
>> Unable to process EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow: symlinks may be
>> broken Unable to process EinsteinExact/doc: symlinks may be
>> broken Unable to process KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD: symlinks
>> may be broken Unable to process McLachlan/doc: symlinks may be
>> broken Unable to process Carpet/doc: symlinks may be broken
>> Unable to process GetComponents: symlinks may be broken
>>
>> Summary of Warnings:
>>
>> Could not checkout EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow, unable to switch to
>> tag . Any existing symlinks to EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow will be
>> broken Could not checkout EinsteinExact/doc, unable to switch to
>> tag . Any existing symlinks to EinsteinExact/doc will be broken
>> Could not checkout KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD, unable to
>> switch to tag . Any existing symlinks to
>> KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD will be broken Could not checkout
>> McLachlan/doc, unable to switch to tag . Any existing symlinks to
>> McLachlan/doc will be broken Could not checkout Carpet/doc,
>> unable to switch to tag . Any existing symlinks to Carpet/doc
>> will be broken Could not checkout GetComponents, unable to switch
>> to tag . Any existing symlinks to GetComponents will be broken
>> Time Elapsed: 11 minutes, 28 seconds
Those are exactly all git repositories in the thornlist. Can you check
what git version is used? Can you run with --verbose, please?

Unfortunately I still cannot reproduce this, so cannot test this
myself (Erik can though :-) ). However, looking at the pasted in
output "Do you want to update all existing components? yes, no [no] :
no" it seems as if you are not actually doing a fresh checkout but
instead an update since GetComponents sees some thorns already being
present. So: are you trying to update from an old release or trunk to
Gauss?

Your output has errors stating that it could not switch to a tag (and
since it says "switch to tag ." the tag variable is actually empty).
Eventually the tag is generated from information in REPO_BRANCH and
output from "git tag -l" so it would be good to check what happens
around line 1390 of GetComponents.

Unrelated: trying to download GetComponents using curl as on the
download page "curl -O
https://raw.github.com/gridaphobe/CRL/master/GetComponents" I get
"curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK."
and have to add the "-k" option.

Further unrelated: the code in GetComponents (line 1390ff) constructs
a list of branches out of REPO_BRANCH by splitting it at ", ". Does
that mean that REPO_BRANCH could list several branches separated by ",
" (but not eg just a comma "," or ",  ")? I am not sure I understand
that reason for having multiple branches listed there. The code also
uses the basic "`" backtics of perl and not GetComponents' run_command
routine so circumvents logging and verbosity options.

- --