[Users] bug in Dissipation thorn?

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Mar 4 20:50:23 CST 2013

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 10:35:32PM +0100, Kentaro Takami wrote:
> If you don't have any objection, could you commit these change to repository?

Thanks for taking your time looking into this issue. Using Fortran 90
makes the code looks nicer indeed. However, I hesitate to apply these
changes.

First of all, the document talks about reductions. This code doesn't do
any reduction. Each thread writes only it's own little piece of memory.
Changes in order of thread execution should not change anything here.
Also, inside the loop no external functions are called that could
influence the outcome. I am curious to see which of your (many) changes
is the real workaround for the problem. Is it the initial copy of the
input array (which is probably quite expensive)?

You remove the openmp parallelization. Why?

Did you try the suggested compiler options (-fp-model precise)?

Frank