[Users] bug in Dissipation thorn?

Kentaro Takami kentaro.takami at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 5 03:01:01 CST 2013

Hi, Frank,

> First of all, the document talks about reductions. This code doesn't do
> any reduction.

No, I'm talking about "Second Example from WRF" in the document.
I thought this example is related with our case.
The document also say that Intel 11 compiler avoid this problem,
but I'm still seeing this random result in Intel 11 compiler.
(So our situation might be a little bit different from the example.)

> You remove the openmp parallelization. Why?

I explained this reason in previous message.

> Did you try the suggested compiler options (-fp-model precise)?

Yes, I did. Then we can avoid random result.
However using "-fp-model precise" in option list( i.e., this option is
used by all fortran77 code), the run will become much slow down.

Kentaro TAKAMI