[Users] CarpetRegrid2, RotationSymmetry90 and cell centered grid

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 18 16:03:45 CDT 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to run a cell centered run with Carpet and RotatingSymmetry90.

Using the attached parfile (cropped from the real one) I get an error

cactus_bns_all:
/mnt/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/Zelmani/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetRegrid2/src/property.cc:382:
ibset CarpetRegrid2::rotsym90::symmetrised_regions(const gh&, const dh&,
const CarpetRegrid2::level_boundary&, const std::vector<bboxset<int, 3>
>&, int): Assertion `all (iaxis0 % istr == 0)' failed.
Rank 0 with PID 12717 received signal 6

Right now I can just run without the symmetry (slower of course...).
Before I eventually try to debug this: is Regrid2 supposed to support 90
degree symmetry when using cell centering or was it only ever tested
with vertex centering or without 90 degree symmetry?