[Users] Different result in buffer zone at iteration 1 only on Gauss

Yosef Zlochower yosef at astro.rit.edu
Thu May 23 08:13:33 CDT 2013

Hi,

   When  I tried to run the testsuites on the RIT thorns, the
testsuite failed due to an issue at iteration 1, that then
disappears.  For certain analysis quantities like the Hamiltonian
constraint violation and psi4, I find differences in every other
bufferzone point between Orsted and Gauss. However, this only occurs
at iteration 1 ( my test ran for 16 iterations)

My test uses two levels (fixed) of refinement and a relatively
coarse grid. On the other hand, I don't see this at all in the
adm metric. Where there changes to the prolongation operators that
may explain this?

My test used 6 buffer zones (there were 4 ghostzones).
Here are the relevant Carpet parameters

Carpet::domain_from_coordbase       = yes
Carpet::prolongation_order_space   = 5
Carpet::prolongation_order_time    = 2
Carpet::max_refinement_levels      = 2
Carpet::use_buffer_zones = yes
Carpet::num_integrator_substeps = 1
Carpet::additional_buffer_zones = 2
Carpet::verbose           = no
Carpet::schedule_barriers = no
Carpet::veryverbose       = no
Carpet::init_fill_timelevels = "yes"

ActiveThorns="CarpetRegrid2"
CarpetRegrid2::regrid_every = 16
CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 1
CarpetRegrid2::num_levels_1 = 2
CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[ 1] = 5
--
Dr. Yosef Zlochower
Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation

Office:74-2067
Phone: +1 585-475-6103

yosef at astro.rit.edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.