[Users] .cactus/config

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu May 30 10:51:16 CDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:44:58AM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> We can either remove support for it (ignore it in Cactus, maybe with a
> warning), or add an option to Cactus that we use from within Simfactory
> that makes Cactus ignore this file, without a warning.

I asked on this mailing list earlier whether this file is still used,
and only one user replied (Jian Tao). I think we can work with him to
make his setup work without.

Any option which ignores the hidden file in one case and not in the
other is only adding confusion. This file has been the reason for quite
a bit of confusion in the past, including myself before I discontinued
to use it. I suggest to remove support for it completely, and complain
loudly if such a file exists, to prevent surprises for users.

Frank