[Users] .cactus/config

Yosef Zlochower yosef at astro.rit.edu
Thu May 30 10:54:25 CDT 2013

Hi,

  I still .cactus/config  I find it convenient. Could we have
.cactus/config be the default if no other config file is specified,
and have it ignored if one is?

On 05/30/2013 11:51 AM, Frank Loeffler wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:44:58AM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>> We can either remove support for it (ignore it in Cactus, maybe with a
>> warning), or add an option to Cactus that we use from within Simfactory
>> that makes Cactus ignore this file, without a warning.
>
> I asked on this mailing list earlier whether this file is still used,
> and only one user replied (Jian Tao). I think we can work with him to
> make his setup work without.
>
> Any option which ignores the hidden file in one case and not in the
> other is only adding confusion. This file has been the reason for quite
> a bit of confusion in the past, including myself before I discontinued
> to use it. I suggest to remove support for it completely, and complain
> loudly if such a file exists, to prevent surprises for users.
>
> Frank

Dr. Yosef Zlochower
Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation
Assistant Professor
School of Mathematical Sciences
Rochester Institute of Technology
85 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623

Office:74-2067
Phone: +1 585-475-6103

yosef at astro.rit.edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.