[Users] Evolving grid arrays using MoL

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Oct 7 09:00:45 CDT 2013

On 28 Sep 2013, at 16:17, Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, this (i.e. the work-around of scheduling the RHS in level mode, and then only actually executing the routine if this corresponds to global mode) is how I made things work. I haven't tried this recently, though. Maybe a test case would be in order...
>
> Rather straightforward changes to MoL should allow scheduling the RHS in global mode as well, which would then work elegantly. This would probably require to duplicate MoL's integration logic, so that grid functions are integrated in level mode while grid arrays are integrated in global mode.

I suspect that the error I ran into during registration was caused by the fact that I was trying to register a vector grid array (or component).  If I use a normal (non-vector) grid array, maybe I will get past this first hurdle.  Ultimately though, MoL shouldn't care what type of array it is working on.