[Users] Migration from SVN to Git

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:24:35 CDT 2014

On 18 Aug 2014 15:41, "Erik Schnetter" <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu>
wrote:
>> I might be wrong, but didn't we want GRHydro+GRHydro_Initdata as one
>> "GRHydro" arrangement?
>

> I don't recall this decision. Do you have a pointer to the discussion?
>
> I know that it is difficult to place GRHydro_InitData into a particular
arrangement, but at the same time, reducing the number of arrangements is
also important.

As far as I remember this was suggested because GRHydro is internally a git
repository, so it doesn't seem sensible to convert it to separate svn
repositories only to convert back to git and merge again. I think the
suggestion was to instead just directly use the GRHydro git repository.

Barry