[Users] Cactus build problems

Ian Smith the.pond at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Aug 20 04:07:11 CDT 2014

On 18/08/14 18:20, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> Ian
>
> Most likely, setting both F77 and F90 to "gfortran" will work.

Thanks for the suggestion, Erik, I tried this, and still get the same
error message.

> You didn't specify what MPI options you are using when configuring. Can
> you provide more details?

I don't think I'm using MPI at all, what details would help?

I've tried manual, Debian and Ubuntu configs and they all fail in the
same way.

Is it possible to clean the build, I couldn't see any option to do this?

This is where I am now:

There were 3 errors during execution of the CST
These must be corrected before compilation can proceed

Warnings were generated during execution of the CST

CST error 1:
   -> Configuration script for thorn FORTRAN returned exit code 1
      Error message: 'Fortran thorn requires that a Fortran compiler is
defined, but F77 = 'none' and F90 = 'none'.  Aborting.'

CST error 2:
   -> Configuration script for thorn LORENE returned exit code 1
      (no error message)

CST error 3:
   -> Configuration script for thorn MPI returned exit code 1
      (no error message)

make[1]: ***
[/opt/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/config-data/make.thornlist] Error 1
make: *** [sim] Error 2

How do I make the system see3 my Fortran compilers?  BTW the Wiki
instructions themselves are simple and clear and easy to follow, they
just don't seem to be sufficient to produce a working system.

Cheers,

Ian.