[Users] Cactus build problems

Ian Smith the.pond at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Aug 20 05:29:34 CDT 2014

[sorry to have to re-send this, Thunderbird is playing havoc with my
From: address!]

Hi again List,

I tried again from scratch, in case I was building against artifacts
created with incomplete dependencies (looks like I was).

I got this:

Formaline: Creating git master repository...
Formaline: Creating git local repository...
Formaline: Pushing source tree to master git repository...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnuma
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
make[1]: *** [/opt/ET/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim] Error 1
Formaline: Pushing to local repository
/opt/ET/Cactus/../CactusSourceJar.git...
Formaline: Optimising git repository (slow only the first time)...
make: *** [sim] Error 2

I fixed it with a couple more dependencies (probably needed for Debian
as well as Ubuntu):

sudo apt-get install libnuma-dev libltdl-dev

ian at bonsai Wed Aug 20 11:17 AM /opt/ET/Cactus
$ ls -lAh exe
total 291M
-rwxrwxr-x 1 ian ian 291M Aug 20 11:16 cactus_sim
drwxrwxr-x 2 ian ian 4.0K Aug 20 11:17 sim

I think I've now got a system to try out . . . so thanks for the moral
support guys!

Cheers,

Ian.