[Users] Cactus build problems

Dumsani Ndzinisa g14n8326 at campus.ru.ac.za
Wed Aug 20 07:56:24 CDT 2014

Hi Ian,

As far as I know, those limits are set in the machine definition file,
the .ini file specifically. Once you have added them on, do a fresh
build, making sure to pass the ini file as an (optional) argument to
you new build. That is, simfactory/bin/sim build .....
  --machine=simfactory/mdb/machines/<machinename.ini>
If not set, they will take on some default values which might limit
you on submission when you now try to ask for more cores
(processors) than the set (default) maximum. This seems to be
the trouble in your case.

It is also possible for the ini file that you are currently using not to
have these variables. In that case, you will need to add them. See
an example ini file in the files shipped with the code (in
simfactory/mdb/machines/).

I hope that helps shed some light.

Regards,
Dumsani