[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unitn.it
Mon Dec 15 04:33:13 CST 2014

Hi Frank,
	I'm not 100% sure that I will be able to join today telecon, but there is something I would like to ask.

	Last week I was discussing with Eloisa Bentivegna about the possibility of organizing a small ET workshop (10-20 participants?) here in Trento the week after the Marcel Grossmann meeting in Rome (i.e., the week of July 20). There may be a small amount of funding available for this, including some money from the Trento physics department (the deadline for application is January 15). In case there is sufficient interest, I can start looking for funding at the beginning of January.

	The idea behind this small workshop is both to discuss about new ET developments that are of interest to EU and non-EU ET developers and users, but also to discuss about the role of EU in the Einstein toolkit and about the possibility of hosting a larger ET workshop and an ET school here in Trento in 2016. As you may know, in Trento we have the ECT* (http://www.ectstar.eu/) which provides very good facilities for organizing such events and the deadline for proposals is usually in the summer (i.e., August 2015).

Cheers,
Bruno

On 15 Dec 2014, at 04:04, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
> 10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
> how to join on the following web site:
>
>   http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/
>
> In short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 and the conference
>          id is 118682#.
>
> As you can see above, the toll-free number was discontinued. I am
> investigating alternatives.
>
> Too many tickets have been worked on since last week to be mentioned
> here (>~60). Most but not all on the other hand was ticket-maintenance.
>
> If you are interested in one of these (or any other) issue, the next
> call would be a good opportunity to raise your voice. Also, I would like
> to point to currently 6 tickets in "review" state, waiting for someone
> to approve them [1]. The main trac wiki page has also been re-ordered
> [2].
>
> This call will also be the last for this year, with the first in 2015
> scheduled on Jan 12th, usual time and place. In case you cannot join the
> call, let me wish all of you already here a merry Christmas and a happy
> 2015.
>
> Frank Loeffler
>
> [1]
> https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/query?status=review&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=reporter&col=time&col=component&order=priority
> [2] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/wiki
> <signature.asc>_______________________________________________

Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics
University of Trento
via Sommarive 14
38123 Trento
Italy

Tel.  : +39 0461281631
email : bruno.giacomazzo at unitn.it
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't