[Users] Meeting Minutes
roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 3 11:42:25 CST 2014
Present: Frank, Roland, Matt, Erik, Peter
using intel 14 compiler:
* Frank tried and failed with a compiler abort inside of CTGamma
* Erik tried on a machine with both gcc 4.8 and gcc 4.7 installed which
causes the compilation to fail due to improperly chosen include files
* triggered by ticket #1532
* the current method is not yet optimal
* several options discussed:
1. disable thorns from inside Cactus when they detect hey cannot run,
this needs to be done very early in the build process
2. use two thornlists, one generated automatically from the other.
Simfactory or GetComponents may do this.
3. thorns detect at configure time that they cannot compile and turn
themselves into No-OP thorns. This shifts errors to run time.
4. duplicate thorn entries in thornlist, one copy in the CHECKOUT line
to have GetComponents check it out and a second (commented out) copy in
the bulk so that simfactory can activate it if desired
* Peter will host the call next week
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 242 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20140203/3665d89b/attachment.bin
More information about the Users