[Users] ET_2013_11 run performance

Luca Baiotti baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 24 05:42:19 CST 2014

On 1/24/14 6:42 PM, Ian Hinder wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2014, at 01:15, Luca Baiotti <baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
> <mailto:baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp>> wrote:

>>> Can you look at the difference of the post-processed SubmitScript files
>>> of one simulation that did send emails, and one that didn't? You should
>>> be able to find them in simulations/NAME/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/ .
>>
>> It is below. Indeed non --mail entry is present in the Noether file.
>
> The Gauss version looks like this:
>> #! /bin/bash
>> #SBATCH -A @ALLOCATION@
>> #SBATCH -p @QUEUE@
>> #SBATCH -t @WALLTIME@
>> #SBATCH -N @NODES@ -n @NUM_PROCS@
>> #SBATCH @("@CHAINED_JOB_ID@" != "" ? "-d afterany:@CHAINED_JOB_ID@" : "")@
>> #SBATCH -J @SHORT_SIMULATION_NAME@
>> #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL
>> #SBATCH -o @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME at .out
>> #SBATCH -e @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME at .err
>> cd @SOURCEDIR@
>> @SIMFACTORY@ run @SIMULATION_NAME@ --machine=@MACHINE@ --restart-id=@RESTART_ID@ @FROM_RESTART_COMMAND@
>
> If you have anything different, then maybe you added it yourself?  Can
> do do an "svn diff" on the submit script in your Gauss version?  I think
> what has happened is that you fixed the problem in your Gauss version by
> adding the lines
>
> #SBATCH --mail-user=baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
> <mailto:mail-user=baiotti at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp>
>
> This would explain why mail notifications are not working for me: they
> have never worked in the committed version.

You are right! I had modified it long ago and forgot. Then I assumed
that simfactory worked properly on its own... And to complicate things,
I had recently removed the original simfactory directory in my
Cactus_Gauss and checked out a new one (so svn diff didn't show any
difference).

In conclusion, can the script for stampede be fixed in the repository?

Thank you,
Luca