[Users] Git: "index pack failure" checking out Noether?

Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 27 14:16:29 CST 2014

Hi all.

I'm only just getting around to checking out the Noether release of ET,
and I'm hitting a problem I haven't seen before. All the Git-hosted
arrangements are failing on checkout, because "fatal: index-pack failed".
Has anyone seen this? A tiny bit of Googling indicates this might be a
server-side issue, rather than on my client's end, but since this involves
at least two different serves, I suspect the problem is on my end.

Can anyone help/advise? The version of Git installed on this machine is
"1.8.5.2".

Thanks,

Bernard

P.S. I ran again with --verbose (and without --parallel), but it wasn't
much more informative.