[Users] Meeting Minutes

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jan 28 08:05:16 CST 2014

On 27 Jan 2014, at 19:19, Roland Haas <roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu> wrote:

> using intel 14 compiler:
> * no one has yet successfully compiled the code with it or run a
> simulation with it

I successfully built with

	icc (ICC) 14.0.0 20130728

on Datura and committed the optionlist to simfactory a few months ago.  It is in simfactory/mdb/optionlists/datura-intel14.cfg.  Since you also need to use mpirun compiled with Intel 14, you also need a new runscript, which I have just committed.  The test results for the full ET thornlist are:

2 processes:

>   Tests failed:
>
>     waveinterp-2p (from CarpetInterp)
>     refluxing-delayed (from Refluxing)
>     refluxing-delayed-sources (from Refluxing)
>     regression_test (from SphericalHarmonicRecon)

1 process:

>   Tests failed:
>
>     waveinterp-1p (from CarpetInterp)
>     refluxing-delayed (from Refluxing)
>     refluxing-delayed-sources (from Refluxing)
>     regression_test (from SphericalHarmonicRecon)

The waveinterp tests are failing on all machines anyway, due to an unknown problem in init_3_timelevels.  The other tests pass.

I don't think I needed to do anything special to get Intel 14 to work.  What problems did other people encounter?

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder