[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Minutes

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Jul 17 09:19:02 CDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 12:21:46PM +0200, Bruno Coutinho Mundim wrote:
> They look good to me. Should we distribute a commit-msg hook
> for the client to enforce the policy "Thorn:" in the commit
> messages?

We could provide one. We cannot enforce people installing it.

> and on top of that set up the server to reject unformatted messages?

That is probably the better option. Although I would only see it as help
to "not forget about it", not an enforcement really (although
technically it is the same). We cannot disallow anything else than thorn
names before the ":" (we might have commit touching multiple thorns), so
we cannot technically prevent something like "somewhere: changed
something". But we don't need to technically enforce everything anyway.

Frank