[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 16 09:29:42 CDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 10:16:25PM -0500, Frank Loeffler wrote:
> Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
> 10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
> how to join on the following web site:

Something I would like to quickly discuss is a small issue that I
believe is still open concerning the repository rearrangement.

The current list can be found here:

  https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Repository_transition

The issue is that it is not clear (at least to me, and not in that list)
what to do with thorns that have 'attachment/test' thorns, like

 GRHydro / GRHydro_Init_Data
 MoL / TestMoL

From a developers point it would be nice to have them in the same
repository - which would, in the current state of things mean in the
same arrangement. However, logically they don't belong there (e.g.
GRHydro_Init_Data does not belong in EinsteinEvolve).

Possible solutions would be (not sorted in any way, especially not my
preference):
- put things that technically belong together in one repository and use
  the symlink-hack to point from different arrangements to the same
  repository in repos.
- put test thorns (GRHydro_Init_Data/TestMoL) into test repositories
  (CactusTest / EinsteinTest).
- create arrangements for such units, and put all thorns in that. This
  would mean, e.g., arrangements/GRHydro/GRHydro and
  arrangements/GRHydro/GRHydro_Init_Data

Essentially it boils down to three questions:
- Which arrangements should these thorns be in?
- Which repositories should these thorns be in?
- Should the first two be the same (then the repo could be directly
  checked out into arrangements/).

Frank