[Users] CarpetReduce: Formerly working par file now yields 'Simulation domain volume and reduction weight sum differ'

Scott Hawley scott.hawley at belmont.edu
Mon Mar 24 10:28:41 CDT 2014

Roland,

Just a late follow-up:

> Unless you use an excision mask, you should not ever see this error.

I am using an excision mask.

If I change revlevels to 1, then the error goes away.  But yes, as you
say, this grid configuration was deemed necessary for multigrid work.

I've noticed that the warning is "non-critical" -- i.e. the simulation
seems to proceed fine despite this message.  I probably just never noticed
the warning before, but have noticed it recently now that I'm using Mojave
which colors such messages in red. :-)

Thanks,
Scott