[Users] Meeting Minutes

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Mar 24 14:58:56 CDT 2014

Hi

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:29:32AM -0400, Barry Wardell wrote:
> It's not important right now since the ExternalLibraries won't be
> transitioning yet, but while I think of it, it would be possible to
> maintain the history rather than creating the repository from scratch.

I am sure it can be done. The question here is whether it is worth it. I
don't think the history of these repositories is really worth
transitioning - the svn repositories will stay around anyway.

> included but instead fetched on demand, then the large history-of-tarballs
> repository would only have to be fetched when checking out an old version
> of the external library.

Which would mean git would need to be installed wherever you compile
Cactus. We cannot assume that, and I don't really want to build git
first.

Frank