[Users] How to submit patches to the Einstein Toolkit

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Nov 10 10:46:57 CST 2014

Let me follow up on my explanation, which may have seemed lengthy to
some. The upshot is:

- Almost all of the steps I describe you need to do only once, such as
e.g. create a Bitbucket account, or fork the repository.

- "Pull requests" work in the following way: Instead of giving
everybody write access to the same repository, people have their own
repositories. That's what git is all about! Instead of pushing to the
main repo, they push to their own repo, and then create a pull
request. This is only one button push more complicated than pushing to
the main repository.

-erik