[Users] issues when compiling

Francisco S. Guzman guzman at ifm.umich.mx
Tue Sep 23 11:56:14 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm kind of new at ET and am trying to compile the einsteintoolkit.th set
of thorns.

I get the following problem:

/home/guzman/ET/Cactus/configs/ejemplo/scratch/external/MPI/lib/libmpi.a(ompi_mpi_init.o):
In function `ompi_warn_fork':
ompi_mpi_init.c:(.text+0x8a): undefined reference to `pthread_atfork'
collect2: ld returned status exit 1
make[1]: *** [/home/guzman/ET/Cactus/exe/cactus_ejemplo] Error 1
make: *** [ejemplo] Error 2

I'm using
F77=gfortran
F90=gfortran
CC=gcc
CXX=g++
PERL=/usr/bin/perl
CPP=/usr/bin/cpp
FPP=/usr/bin/cpp -traditional
F77_OPTIMISE_FLAGS=-O2 -fcray-pointer
F90_OPTIMISE_FLAGS=-O2 -fcray-pointer

WITH
gfortran -- gcc --g++ 4.6.3
openmpi 1.8.2
GNU make 3.81

Any clue, hint suggestion to fix this? Versions mixed up or so?
contradicting options? environment variables wrongly set? a thorn missing?

It also happens that when compiling ET doesn't like any options on MPI
(=MPICH or =OpenMPI) and states it is deprecated and refers to MPI
instead. How can I handle this sophisticated statement?

Thanks in advance,
Francisco
--
Francisco S. Guzman Murillo.