[Users] build of debian on Parallels on mac

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Aug 7 12:29:04 CDT 2015

Comer

It seems that Cactus doesn't realize that MPI requires a few additional
libraries. Most likely, this list of additional libraries varies from
system to system, and may depend on the Debian version. Usually, Cactus use
shared libraries, and they contain enough information to automatically find
and use all necessary dependencies. Apparently you are using static
libraries (see "libmpi.a" in the beginning of the error messages), and this
requires listing dependencies manually.

I also just see that Cactus build MPI by itself, which it shouldn't have if
there is an existing MPI. Also, if Cactus builds MPI, it should have
correctly figured out the dependencies! Maybe adding "MPI_DIR = /usr" to
the debian.cfg option list would help.

Do you have the output that Cactus produces when configuring? This would
tell us why Cactus didn't find Debian's MPI. You could build from scratch,
saving all output, and attaching this to a bug report.

-erik