[Users] build of debian on Parallels on mac

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Aug 11 10:29:53 CDT 2015

On 7 Aug 2015, at 19:07, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I couple of days ago I bought Parallels for my mac and then installed debian jessie.

Hi,

Just to clarify: if you want to use Debian on a Mac, you can use VirtualBox, which is free (virtualbox.org).  I didn't know that Parallels could run linux; mostly I think of it as something for running Windows (which you can also do with VirtualBox).  I imagine Parallels is a bit more "polished".  This is likely unrelated to your problem though, which should occur on either.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin