[Users] SPH in EinsteinToolkit

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Sun Aug 30 08:21:16 CDT 2015

Hello Stefan,

> long time ago i asked about a SPH modul in EinsteinToolkit for my PhD
> thesis. It took more time i thougt, but i am still working.
>From what I can tell from the email thread from January 2014 the
discussion there was on how to couple and SPH hydro code to the
spacetime solver in Cactus and how to handle the particles moving
between MPI processes. Judging from your current email you made some
progress in the direction?

> First i have some questions about citing, because i will present a
> poster at a meeting and i will publish some prework. I want to mention
> the EinsteinToolkit, but there are no results using it yet. Should i
> taking something into account?
For a post I think it is fine if you just add the Einstein Toolkit logo
(the little Einstein
https://einsteintoolkit.org/global/images/einstein.png). If you want to
add a reference to the poster, I would use the ET website URL. We have a
section on citing policies on the website:
https://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/licenses/ where the main
publication is Loffler:2011ay in
https://einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/einsteintoolkit.bib

> Second i made necessery preparatory work and will now try to integrate
> the SPH algorithm. I am sure it could be helpful not working alone on
> it, so i could open a google group for communication, if somebody
> want.
It will probably be helpful to get some support from at least one of the
ET people (incl. me). I am fine trying to help out with anything that
has to do with how to integrate an SPH code into the existing framework
and the technical details on eg how the scheduling and the interpolator
works, and given that I am (usually) the same timezone as you are you
may expect me to reply to a lot of questions first. Matt Kinsey
(GeorgiaTech) who also worked with many particles has experience in how
to make this work fast.

A Google group would be fine to unclutter the mailing list with the
technical discussions.

Would you be able to call in into Mondays ET phone call once more?