[Users] SPH in EinsteinToolkit

Stefan Ruehe sruehe at astrophysik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Aug 31 03:30:55 CDT 2015

Hallo,

first thank you for your advice. I will make a google group until
tomorrow, where we could discuss how to integrate SPH in the ET.

Roland, to your question, I am not sure which major problem you mean
regarding the MPI process, but I have made test how to couple SPH with a
grid based background and how to take advantages from the grid.

I am afraid I could not call in into today´s ET phone call.

Regards,

Stefan

Am 2015-08-30 15:21, schrieb Roland Haas:

> Hello Stefan,
>
>> long time ago i asked about a SPH modul in EinsteinToolkit for my PhD thesis. It took more time i thougt, but i am still working. From what I can tell from the email thread from January 2014 the
>
> discussion there was on how to couple and SPH hydro code to the
> spacetime solver in Cactus and how to handle the particles moving
> between MPI processes. Judging from your current email you made some
> progress in the direction?
>
>> First i have some questions about citing, because i will present a poster at a meeting and i will publish some prework. I want to mention the EinsteinToolkit, but there are no results using it yet. Should i taking something into account?
>
> For a post I think it is fine if you just add the Einstein Toolkit logo
> (the little Einstein
> https://einsteintoolkit.org/global/images/einstein.png [1]). If you want to
> add a reference to the poster, I would use the ET website URL. We have a
> section on citing policies on the website:
> https://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/licenses/ [2] where the main
> publication is Loffler:2011ay in
> https://einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/einsteintoolkit.bib [3]
>
>> Second i made necessery preparatory work and will now try to integrate the SPH algorithm. I am sure it could be helpful not working alone on it, so i could open a google group for communication, if somebody want.
>
> It will probably be helpful to get some support from at least one of the
> ET people (incl. me). I am fine trying to help out with anything that
> has to do with how to integrate an SPH code into the existing framework
> and the technical details on eg how the scheduling and the interpolator
> works, and given that I am (usually) the same timezone as you are you
> may expect me to reply to a lot of questions first. Matt Kinsey
> (GeorgiaTech) who also worked with many particles has experience in how
> to make this work fast.
>
> A Google group would be fine to unclutter the mailing list with the
> technical discussions.
>
> Would you be able to call in into Mondays ET phone call once more?
>
> Yours,
> Roland

Links:
------