[Users] pre-registration for Trento ET Workshop (July 20-23 2015)

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unitn.it
Tue Jan 6 11:23:30 CST 2015

Dear ET users and developers,
	just a follow up on my previous email. Some of you have asked me more details about the ET workshop we are planning in Trento for July. Just to give you a better idea, this is the list of topics of discussion I have in mind for this workshop (but suggestions are welcome):

1) role of EU in the ET development: e.g., understand who in Europe is interested in ET and how to work together, possible sources of funding (e.g., Horizon 2020 grants)
2) support for ET installation and optimization on EU machines (e.g., PRACE Tier-0 clusters such as Fermi at CINECA)
3) new thorns (or improvements of existing ones) we need for our research (e.g., initial data for matter)
4) organize for 2016 a one week school on ET and numerical relativity followed by a one week long workshop on computational relativistic astrophysics (a possible location is the ECT* which can provide support for two week long meetings, but other EU locations will be considered)

	The pre-registration link (http://goo.gl/forms/iyqKe0CidA) will be open until January 11 and it's particularly important for those of you that may need financial support and/or would like to be more involved in the workshop organization.

	A more detailed schedule for the workshop together with a more official announcement will be circulated at a later time.

Thank you,
Bruno

On 21 Dec 2014, at 17:49, Bruno Giacomazzo <Bruno.Giacomazzo at unitn.it> wrote:

> Dear ET users and developers,
> 	as mentioned during the latest ET call, Eloisa Bentivegna and I would like to host an ET workshop in Trento (Italy). The dates would be July 20-23 (i.e., the week after the Marcel Grossmann meeting in Rome).
>
> 	I'd like to ask you to fill the following pre-registration form by January 11 if you plan to attend: http://goo.gl/forms/iyqKe0CidA
> In this way we would know the approximate number of participants and start to plan it accordingly. This is particularly important also for those of you that need financial support. The Physics Department in Trento has some money available for workshops in 2015 and I can try to ask for some of it (but I need to do that the first half of January). We will circulate more detailed information about the workshop program and an "official" registration link in the next months.
>
> 	Trento is very easy to reach from Rome by train (4 hours by high-speed train). It is also well connected with Munich (~4 hours with DB) and it's 1 hour by train from Verona International Airport (VRN). Other nearby airports are Bologna (2 hours by train), Venice and Milan (the last two are ~2.5 hours from Trento, but you will need to change train in Verona). Trento is located near the Italian Dolomites (in case you like hiking) and it's a popular touristic destination: http://www.discovertrento.it/en/
>
> 	Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.
>
> Thank you,
> Bruno
>
> Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
> Department of Physics