[Users] Reformatting Carpet's source code

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Jul 3 16:33:55 CDT 2015

I've come to like to use a tool to automatically indent and format source
code. This has several advantages -- the code has automatically a
consistent style, indentation errors become obvious, and one doesn't have
to spend time formatting the code manually while coding.

clang-format is the best such tool of which I'm aware. It's vastly better
than e.g. GNU indent.

I propose to re-format Carpet's source code via clang-format.

Usually, changing the source code format is disruptive, since patches or
local modifications won't apply cleanly any more. However, with
clang-format, I don't think that this is an issue -- one can use
clang-format on the modified code (e.g. a branch), which should eliminate
gratuitous changes.

Please comment.